Focus on the elements of your story that illustrate God’s work in your life, how He drew you to Himself, how your heart turned to Him in repentance, and the trust you have in Christ as your Lord and Savior. It should include what your new life in Christ is like. It is important that it is God honoring (vs. sin honoring). Christ should get the glory, not us.
Tips for writing your personal testimony:
- Write your testimony to approximately 500 to 600 words.
- Your story should have three parts:
- Before the turning point – What my life was like before I was a believer.
- How the turning point took place – How I became a believer.
- After the turning point – How Jesus has changed my life.
- Be realistic. Do not imply that Christ removes all of life’s problems.
- Study a copy of Pastor Gary’s testimony (included) or your discipler’s testimony.
What not to do:
- Do not make statements that reflect negatively on churches, organizations, or people. Avoid mentioning denominations or churches by name.
- Avoid sounding like a preacher. Avoid using religious words such as “saved, converted, convicted,” or “sin” without clarifying what you mean.
- Don’t use vague terms as “joyful, peaceful, happy,” or “changed,” without explanation.
- Write as though you were speaking to a friend rather than giving a formal speech.
- Be specific. Give enough details to arouse interest.
- Include interesting, but compelling experiences. Be accurate, don’t exaggerate.
- Use one or two Bible verses, but only where they relate directly to your experience.
- Include an attention grabbing first sentence.
- Write a closing that provides a finished and logical conclusion.
This form is no longer active. Please enter your testimony at https://eastgatechurchnc.churchcenter.com/people/forms/288671